• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

God Help Me!

NIkki40

I had my bypass October 4th and I am having so much difficulty and am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I am thrilled with my weight loss so far but not how my body is losing it. I have had trapped air/gas issues since the surgery. At first everyone said, "it's just from the air they put in your abdomen so they can do the procedure." Yeah well, I am more than 8 weeks post-op and I haven't gone one day without this severe pain and discomfort in my entire abdomen and sometimes it sneaks over to being a sharp stabbing pain in my shoulder. It always moving and I can feel it constantly. With always feeling full because of said air, makes it so I can't eat anything or even get protein shakes in because I am too stuffed with air it hurts to put anything else in my body. I have had an upper GI done that has indicated nothing. Next step is a CT scam and IV hydration because it hurts to even drink water and I am severely dehydrated based on having nearly brown urine. Has anyone else had anything like this after their bypass, or am I the lucky one?

I’m sorry you’re struggling with gas pains still. I just had my surgery on Tuesday and still feel a lot of pain but they told me to walk often to get the gas moving out of your body. I hope you start to feeling better soon :)

Back