• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

GREAT NEWS! I got a date!

mem222

I got exactly the date I wanted. Dec 22, Monday. I'll have 2 weeks to recover with only having to use 3 days sick time and then I have tentatively taken the 3rd week as vacation if I need it - I can't imagine I will. It was a little bit of back and forth with the ins co but the peer to peer between my Dr. and the Dr. at AETNA did the trick! :D

I got exactly the date I wanted. Dec 22, Monday. I'll have 2 weeks to recover with only having to use 3 days sick time and then I have tentatively taken the 3rd week as vacation if I need it - I can't imagine I will. It was a little bit of back and forth with the ins co but the peer to peer between my Dr. and the Dr. at AETNA did the trick! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) You are on your way to a new healthier life!

Which surgery are you having?

Cheyenne :cool:

I am having the sleeve at Yale New Haven Hospital. (I work at the University so I feel really comfortable with my decision-I'll be right across the street from where I work!) I went for the final nut. counseling and Wed I see the Dr. I am crossing my fingers that I've lost more weight. He is a stickler for that! I understand, but if I could lose weight on my own, I wouldn't be going for surgery

I am having the sleeve at Yale New Haven Hospital. (I work at the University so I feel really comfortable with my decision-I'll be right across the street from where I work!) I went for the final nut. counseling and Wed I see the Dr. I am crossing my fingers that I've lost more weight. He is a stickler for that! I understand, but if I could lose weight on my own, I wouldn't be going for surgery

I agree, if we could all lose weight by dieting, then we certainly wouldn't need the surgery. But I think the doctors want to see who is really wanting this operation badly enough to follow directions so later down the road the patient will be successful following the rules after the surgery.

Congratulations on setting your surgery date! Your life changing journey is about to begin!!! :)

Cheyenne :cool:

Back