• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Greetings and salutations^^

Lorelai

Hello! I've been lurking in this forum for about a week now and I finally received news today that my insurance approved my presert to meet with people about getting the sleeve surgery. So I decided to make an account!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm really excited / anxious for my presert on the 28th but mostly can't wait to get the ball rolling.

Hello Lorelai,
I'm new here as well.
My surgery date was 10/15/2021.
Congratulations on your surgery approval!
Ohhh how are you feeling! Which one did you get done?
Welcome! Which surgery are you looking into? Happy you found the group!!
I'm hoping to have the sleeve done! I don't want to be given the chance to have it reversed lol
Welcome to the group. I'm glad you found us right away. I waited until after surgery and wish I had this group throughout the entire process.
I have a habit of over studying for new things, especially ones that will be as life changing as this. Sometimes it can be a bad thing, but I would rather just be prepared and know what to expect haha

Welcome Lorelai (such a lovely name; one of my fave songs from the 70s LOL) and I'm glad you decided to join us. Here we laugh & cry & moan & celebrate together. You will see lots of humor, and truly nonjudgmental advice. Please feel free to ask & share. You can browse past posts to give you an idea of what to expect pre- and post-surgery. Good luck & great to meet you.

Welcome Lorelai (such a lovely name; one of my fave songs from the 70s LOL) and I'm glad you decided to join us. Here we laugh & cry & moan & celebrate together. You will see lots of humor, and truly nonjudgmental advice. Please feel free to ask & share. You can browse past posts to give you an idea of what to expect pre- and post-surgery. Good luck & great to meet you.
I've been going through past posts and filling a notebook with things to ensure I remember them haha. It's really nice finding a place full of people going through this, too

Welcome! I just passed my one year anniversary of joining this group. I, like you, joined right at the beginning of the pre op process (I’m now 7 months post op) and have to say the support here is EVERYTHING. Great people, great insight, everyone is here to cheer you on through victories or offer kind words when things are hard. Congratulations on taking the first steps towards a life changing journey!

I'm hoping to have the sleeve done! I don't want to be given the chance to have it reversed lol

I have a habit of over studying for new things, especially ones that will be as life changing as this. Sometimes it can be a bad thing, but I would rather just be prepared and know what to expect haha
Me too. I even watched the surgery many times

Me too. I even watched the surgery many times before I had surgery!!!

Back