• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Greetings from NC

Hi all, I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Amanda and I will be 48 years old on Saturday. I have always had issues with my weight (as I child I was taught to clean your plate). Over the years my weight has fluctuated. It climbed the highest when I was in an abusive marriage (almost 298 pounds) and my lowest after my divorce (150 pounds). Once Covid hit and the stress of being a high school administrator/counselor i packed on the pounds. I work almost 12 hours a day. After several years of trying and consulting with my doctor, I went through the process of getting approved for Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Since I work in education I plan to schedule it in July (so I don't have to miss work during the recovery).

I am super excited, nervous, scared all rolled into one... I guess that is normal! But I am ready to change and get to the healthier better version of myself I know I can be.

Welcome. I'm new to this site also. I'm hoping to have the gastric sleeve done sometime in July. I have been in the program for 11 months now and am ready to have this done. I hope you do well with the surgery. As for me, I'm almost 60 (gasp) and had a lap band back in 2010. I lost 122 pounds, but slowly put weight back on. Then my band slipped, and I had it removed last year I have managed to keep 50 pounds off and am ready to get back below where I was with the band.

Welcome to both of you. I hope you'll find everything you need here. We have discussed just about everything so you can use the search bar or just post any questions. Normally at least one of us will respond.

I will be 3 years post of (bypass) next month. I am still 5 lbs below my goal, but about 5 over my ideal. So it goes lol

Welcome to both of you. I hope you'll find everything you need here. We have discussed just about everything so you can use the search bar or just post any questions. Normally at least one of us will respond.

I will be 3 years post of (bypass) next month. I am still 5 lbs below my goal, but about 5 over my ideal. So it goes lol
Congratulations on your success. That's awesome!

Back