• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Greetings from NY

My name is Beth and I am 55. I have been overweight since I was a pre-teen. During the past few years I have struggled to become insured, find a doctor and hospital that accepted my insurance and helping my husband survive two kinds of cancer. Now all the pieces are in place. I have two more nutrician appointments, one this week and one December 1st. Then I should be able to meet with the surgeon and schedule surgery, hopefully before 2012! By believing that God is in charge of every step, knowing that He sees the big picture, I can rest in His arms - at peace. I am super excited about the process so far and can't imagine what it will be like to see weight come off even faster than it is now! But I do know I AM READY!

Hi Beth,
My name is Tina and I also live in CNY. My husband just had his prostate removed and hopefully is cancer free. I had my Lap Band surgery in May with Dr. Weiss. I'll send you a friend request, because seems we have some things in common. TTYL Tina

Hi Tina! Glad to have you on board! I am going to Highland Bariatric in Rochester with Dr. O'Malley. My husband had his kidney removed in June 2010 and his prostate in April 2011. It looks like he will be going to radiation treatments for 6-8 weeks beginning in December. He's feeling great and is now on this journey for me.
We will have to plan a get-together once we are healthy thin things - doing something we wouldn't have been able to before our surgeries!

Back