• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Greetings from Oklahoma

ShellyW

I am just over 2 months out from my Roux-en-Y procedure. Before my insurance would cover the procedure, I had to have a period of "medical weight loss management". I visited my surgeon for this and lost 20 lbs before the surgery. Since my surgery, I have lost another 60lbs with still a long ways to go. I look forward to learning from others on this forum.:)

When and where did you have your surgery? Dr. Gornichec at Baptist in okc did, mine just 3 1/2 weeks ago, di feel that the program at Baptist/Deaconess is the best in Oklahoma.

Dr Gornechec did mine at Baptist... Overall a good experience considering it is major surgery. I am glad to hear that you are doing well.

Hi! I had my RNY surgery November 29, 2011 so today is my two week "birthday". I think I'm doing pretty well, other than having difficulty getting all the water and protein down. But I do have lingering pain in my incisions and a phantom backache that just won't go away. My surgery was done by Dr. Varnell at Bailey Medical in Owasso.

Darlin! You are almost there! Congratulations!!! You sound like you are doing just fine. Keep sipping the water and do your best to get that protein down. It is so important. I can't remember back pain, but I've heard many people say they have had it. I was on the pain med for about 2 weeks. So I don't think there is an issue with your lingering pain. However, mine was not in the incisions..it was inside. I just hurt for a few weeks. But then...it stopped. It just plain stopped and life was GREAT! I was able to start moving forward and experience this wonderful journey.

Keep us up on this,Hon. I'm so happy for you.

Letrell

Back