• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Had my consult last month

nhh2023

I’m in very early stages-I has my consult with my surgeon last month and my insurance requires 3 months of weight loss supervision (diet/exercise program) through my pcp. I have my first follow up with my pcp next week. I saw the bariatric nutritionist a couple of weeks ago. I’m starting therapy tomorrow because I know I need help with my emotional/binge eating. I haven’t followed my pcp’s diet for the most part because the changes have been very difficult. My last pcp visit for my insurance requirement will be in Feb. 2023…so I won’t know my surgery date until that’s done. Any suggestions are welcome.

Hello and welcome.
I would say start practicing what you are learning before surgery. It makes doing it after surgery easier.
Cutting drinks with calories, cutting soda (if you drink it), stop drinking while eating, start counting calories and getting used to entering and tracking all your food..etc.
GOOD LUCK!

Back