• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Had my surgery yesterday, onto what's to come.

Tale of my Sugery day, was scheduled for 5:15 show time, overslept for there are 5:45, but check in went smooth and swiftly. Surgery began at 7:00 lasted til 930, recovery until 1130. At 11 30 taken to my room. I felt good. I began walking at 2:00 so within hours of getting to room. Was fine, slow but successful. Didnt eat much and was only given tylenol for pain through iv, but once a day got oxycodone for pain. Released the following day, got home fell asleep therefor didnt make it to drug store for oxycodone. When I woke up I was sore and thought I needed it, but instead told my husband to get me 2 Tylenols which he did and I swallowed them not thinking. Frightened me at first but thank goodness it was ok and the pain subsided for the most part. I forgot to crush them up, what a dodo. Waiting for dr to call so I can mention it, but its been a few hours so I think its ok for now, but never again. So Glad the surgery is over and life begins in a healthier direction. My experience so far has been pleased and unexpectedly little pain.

Back