• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hair loss / 2 months post op

I have notice a small amount of hair that I’m losing but it hasn’t been dramatic . I know everyone is different but can you guys tell me when everyone else noticed a big hair in there hair loss or thinning out ? Is it too early to even think of my hair falling out at 2 months . I gues I’m just super nervous about it and I’ve been expecting it so that way it doesn’t get me by surprise but .. still the same ? I guess I should complain I’m just curious ..

Hair falling out is an actual medical phenomenon that occurs with a lot of surgeries. For most people it is not severe and it's just a little bit scary. Over a year or two it will grow back. Check out my hair in my profile picture. I'm not the least bit bald, even though I have both thin and fine hair.

I have thin hair anyway and just started losing it about 3 -4 weeks ago. It's horrifying isn't it? Even though I knew it was coming and thought I had mentally prepared. I'm not (yet?) losing it in any one spot just an overall thinning. My cousin had the sleeve in December of last year and I saw her this weekend. It's still pretty thin around her hairline (which you can cover) but she said it has stopped falling out. So at least I know it should stop falling out in a few months. But I'll admit right here, I've already bought a messy bun style extension cuz my ponytail is looking SAD! Still worth it but it does bother me.

I know what you mean! My surgery was June 25th and I think I started losing my hair about a month ago. Every time I comb or brush it there is a lot that comes out. Luckily it isn't in one spot, it is overall thinning. I was prepared for this too, also because I was so sick with sepsis and internal bleeding that I figured the hair loss would hit me eventually and so it has. However, there could be worse things and knowing that it will eventually grow back in is encouraging!

My surgery was July 28th and my hair just started falling out last week. Not a lot but My hair was already thinning out before the surgery so I’m super concerned. I’m not even combing my hair and I also cut it shorter myself, although it is pretty uneven lol. I think I’ll copy Missy and buy myself a bun or toupee lol!

I know what you mean! My surgery was June 25th and I think I started losing my hair about a month ago. Every time I comb or brush it there is a lot that comes out. Luckily it isn't in one spot, it is overall thinning. I was prepared for this too, also because I was so sick with sepsis and internal bleeding that I figured the hair loss would hit me eventually and so it has. However, there could be worse things and knowing that it will eventually grow back in is encouraging!
Hi, I was looking at at your weight loss tracker and it looks like you have done excellent since your surgery! Any tips? I am post op 1 month and have been stuck the past two weeks or so.

Hi, I was looking at at your weight loss tracker and it looks like you have done excellent since your surgery! Any tips? I am post op 1 month and have been stuck the past two weeks or so.
Half my weight loss on the tracker was before surgery starting February 1st 2020. My surgery was delayed from March to June because of Covid so I had extra time to lose weight before surgery. Honestly I thought I would have lost more on the post surgery side but I have also stalled these last couple weeks as well. I know that can be frustrating but many here say just stick with it and you will get past the stalls. Best of luck to you!

It took 4 months before my hair started falling out it was scary . I have thick hair and I've noticed it thinning and falling out but I'm confident it will come back I am able to take biotin. I did the big chop hair cut and it's starting to grow back so I'm feeling a little better.
[
Can you tell me when it started growing back? Or at least when it stopped falling out? I am really, really trying to be chill, but apparently that is not my nature lol I've been wearing my ponytail, happy as a clam. And then BAM. Look in the mirror and wow, you can see my scalp for about 2 inches all around my hairline.

Back