• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hair loss 5 months out

Lesa Marie

I wanted to share with others what the reality for me has been after surgery. Now keep in mind that although I’m sad to see my hair go, I wouldn’t change getting the surgery for the world because at the end of the day if we don’t have our health then we have nothing. I tried to figure out how to share links with other people to see still photos but it wouldn’t share an album for whatever reason so all I have are my Tiktok vids… TikTok

I lost a lot of hair between months 4 and 6, but it subsided. It’s hard while it’s happening though.
Oh my, I thought since I had made it past month 3 and already lost most of my weight I may have actually managed to miss out on this. Now it appears that I will be looking forward to thinning hair over Christmas season, especially since I cannot chew my vitamins right now.

My hair loss began at 4 months - now I am 8 months out and feel like it’s MAYBE falling out a little less...perhaps I have turned the corner! I had long very thick hair to begin with so that was helpful but oh my it would come out in clumps on my brush, in the shower, when I used my hairdryer. I also felt like my hair texture was just unhealthy feeling. I got several inches cut off to try and give it more volume and that did seem to help. It’s u settling but I agree - I have no regrets! ☺️

I lost a lot of hair and I had very thin/fine hair to begin with. BUT, I never actually ended up with a bald spot or even a spot that you could see through, so hang in there. It stops falling out and it grows back. Think of it like a bleeding wound; it looks like more than it is lol
Having 3 kids definitely did a number on my hair lol but again, totally worth it… most days LOL!

Back