• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hair Loss

How bad is the hair loss & what can be done to help with it?

Anna, I have heard from other people that sometimes you lose hair, sometimes you don't. What I've heard the most though is that if you do, it will typically happen around 6 months. Like Bud mentioned, it's VERY important to take all of your vitamins ;)

Anna I had the Roun Y 12 yrs ago, hair down to my bottom, very curly and thick. I ended up losing patches at the top I was able to cover with other hair till I grew it get back.
It's going to happen, but the alternative is worth. it, and YES PLEASE, take your vitemins

The hair loss stopped a while back, and I am not bald lol, and I never lost any teeth. So just keep doing what the Dr says and you all will be fine

I lost a ton of hair had super thick curly hair (surgery was bypass 2010 at 21 yrs) not it's still not curly or nearly as thick! But I'm slacking on vitamins and I never drank enough protein fresh out ( first 30) if I would of i would of saved gaint clumps falling out!!! And now my teeth are done so brittle!!!!

I lost a ton of hair had super thick curly hair (surgery was bypass 2010 at 21 yrs) not it's still not curly or nearly as thick! But I'm slacking on vitamins and I never drank enough protein fresh out ( first 30) if I would of i would of saved gaint clumps falling out!!! And now my teeth are done so brittle!!!!
Ugh, I'm so sorry, but on the bright side your story does help to remind all of us to stick with our vitamins, calsium and protein, and if I read it right you were only 21 when you had it done. That is young and if we could all go back and change some things we would. I hope you are doing well besides the teeth part.

Back