• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Happy birthday diane

Roni

Just wanted you to make sure we noticed, your blessed day. I spent today making messes. Made red velvet protein enhanced mini doughnuts and cake balls. No frosting. And then I froze them. after doing that I made some cherry strawberry frozen yogurt. Have to stir every 15 to 30 minutes. Very inconvenient. I have even done the bulk of the clean up.
Hope you had a great day.

Thanks so much, though at the age of 72 I'm not all that excited. But I know I got really lucky by living through one of the most important eras in history since the Roaring 20s!

I confess, when my ex-husband-best-friend took me out to coffee, I baited the barista to see if she could guess my age. She was off by 20 years! I'm an old hippie who never grew up. You don't get more conservative as you age unless you want to. I still have fantasies and plans, and even though my drug days are behind me, I have developed so many good habits, including my participation in this group, that life just keeps getting better.

Let me just share, as I have before, that I'm a cadaver donor at the University of Washington Medical School. So I'm looking forward to dying in that one way. My kid doesn't have to throw me a funeral, hundreds of future doctors get up close and personal with my organs, and at the end of the year, they cremate me. I have asked my son to spread my ashes on the mountain paths we've had so much fun hiking together. I feel really good about that, and encourage everyone to consider this gift--especially since it's the equivalent of $100,000.

I love this group and the people in it. Thank you so much, Roni, for bringing it up. You are the female equivalent of a stud, baybee!

Thank you all! I had a really nice birthday. It was sunny and perfect. My ex-husband-best-friend took me out for coffee for hours and gave me a wonderful card and gift ("$200 for passing GO!") He's so funny and I'm grateful he was willing to remain friends after the divorce. And his wife is the woman he should have had in the first place, a real doll. Not an ounce of jealousy and so many fine traits, I could write a whole post about her.

And of course, I have this wonderful group with all kinds of personalities sharing stories, and reading it is like having a birthday every day. I love you guys!

Back