• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Happy Easter

Good morning all, Easter is upon us and so is the food and candy, I hope we can all stay strong and not let it tempt us, I know we can do it. I plan on getting on the scale today to inspire myself to not get tempted to eat all the yummy things that will be sitting Infront of us at the dining room table, remember to eat your protein first, maybe even a little bit more just to help take the craving for something sweet away, we got this girls and boys. We can do it!!!

Good morning all, Easter is upon us and so is the food and candy, I hope we can all stay strong and not let it tempt us, I know we can do it. I plan on getting on the scale today to inspire myself to not get tempted to eat all the yummy things that will be sitting Infront of us at the dining room table, remember to eat your protein first, maybe even a little bit more just to help take the craving for something sweet away, we got this girls and boys. We can do it!!!
Happy Easter to you to. My hubby has already been tempting me with jellybeans for a month now. I'm proud to say, I've resisted.

I was totally fine with seeing candy particularly chocolate around all this time. But today I was invited to a friends place for lunch tomorrow, and I wanted to get something for the family and their kids. So I picked up several things to make up an Easter basket for the kids. I even picked some of my favourite kinds of Easter eggs. I am glad to say that I resisted all of it, but I also realized how I need to be careful and not bring this type of thing into my home. I still don't crave chocolate or sweet things (I even prefer non-chocolate flavoured protein shakes, which is amazing since I was a former chocolate addict). I have reinforced the concept of never trying chocolate again because I seem to have broken the chocolate addiction, but don't want to reintroduce the taste and texture of it again. I guess in some ways it would be like someone who was a former drug or alcohol addict, trying these things just once could do you in. For me there can't be moderation for chocolate, one piece is one piece too many. But I have also realized that I don't actually mind this, I am completely ok with the idea that I won't eat chocolate again, it doesn't even sound good to me anymore! This to me is amazing, and is proof of the success of the surgery, even though I still have a long way to go for the weight loss I am sure that once I achieve my goal I can maintain it now that I can easily avoid sweet foods like candy.

Back