1. American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
    Dismiss Notice

have you had an appointment lately?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by christine thompson, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Pixx

Pixx Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    6-19-17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Oh and I had an appointment today with the nutritionist. Apparently I'm not eating enough solid food to satisfy where I "should" be by now. They are concerned about my 'quality of life' from a food aspect and want me to improve in that area. How frustrating. :( I just spent a whole lot of time figuring out what I could eat successfully without getting sick and now I feel like I am starting over...*sigh*

2. christine thompson

christine thompson Active Member

Surgery Type:
    sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    june13,2017
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    That is awsome. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way what do you do when you feel like your old eating habits are coming back? I have been in a bit of a struggle trying to fight off the emotional eating ever since the holidays. Any advice. Could use the support.

Pixx likes this.
  3. Pixx

Pixx Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    6-19-17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I can't eat much at the moment, but I have those feelings at times of what I would do if I could like your having. I am worried that when I can return to eating normally I will have a battle on my hands as well. I have thoughts of eating a big, greasy, bacon laden hamburger with all the fixins' and want to wash it down with an ice cold Mountain Dew, however, recently, the smell of hamburger meat is a trigger for me and just the thought of the sugar content in one swallow of my old favorite drink makes me shutter, not to mention the fact that it would prolly air me up like a balloon and I would suffer discomfort for days! :( In the meantime however...to try and be helpful...:D I am looking into alternatives to what I loved to eat before surgery. I have been looking up the 'Keto' versions of things and then I remove from that or substitute healthier versions if there is still too much fat or sugar. I am up for suggestions as well if there is anyone who has struggled with this post surgery!

4. christine thompson

Surgery Type:
    sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    june13,2017
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    What is Keto?

5. mary simmons

mary simmons Active Member

Surgery Type:
    gastric sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    August 24 2017
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Yes I understand Just how you feel! I'm now four months post-op and have only lost about 35lbs. What's going on?? I know they say it's better to lose it slowly but I've expected to have lost more than what I have at this point. I'm just going to keep doing the best I can.

6. Carolyn337

Carolyn337 Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    8/21/2017
    Start Weight:
    337lbs
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My guide book states that with the RNY expected weight loss is 85% at 1 year. And with the sleeve 75% at 18 months. So I guess we that had the sleeve are on track o_O. I cannot expect to see a significant difference til 2019. It is time to buy new pants. Since I cannot find a belt. And I won't wear suspenders. I sometimes wish I had the RNY because of probability of quicker results. But I am satisfied because it would've have given me worse problems with the diabetes. :oops:

Pixx likes this.
  7. Pixx

Pixx Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    6-19-17
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    It is the abbreviation used for the Ketogenic Diet. The keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. Unfortunately for bariatric patients, the keto diet is a high fat diet, and we can not take in large amounts of fat, so if we considered going on this diet, modifications would be needed to be successful at it. :)

8. christine thompson

Surgery Type:
    sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    june13,2017
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Way to go Pixx, 100 lost is awesome.