• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Having problems recuperating..........

btarlow

I had my Roux-N-Y on 10-10-11, there was no problem with the surgery, but 10 days later went into hospital totally dehydrated, not tolerating liquid, or semi- soft foods.....
Here we are 7 weeks later and still have some problems, but mostly nausea, don't know if this is the norm or what ????????????????

I had my RNY the day after you! From what I gather from my doc, everyone adjusts a little differently. At both my 2 week and 6 week check-ups, they asked if I had any problems with nausea, so it must be quite common. I do have nausea every once in a while, but usually only when it's been more than 4 hours since I last ate. My taste buds change from day to day it seems. Have a lot of different, good options to eat. If you don't like something, try it again in another couple of weeks.

I would also give your doctor a call. They may be able to give you a prescription for the nausea.

nausea

Funny you should mention that...............I get my nausea from my nausea pills ( ZOFRAN).......I will see my surgeon on Friday for my 7 week check up, sure hope I feel better.

I had my RNY the day after you! From what I gather from my doc, everyone adjusts a little differently. At both my 2 week and 6 week check-ups, they asked if I had any problems with nausea, so it must be quite common. I do have nausea every once in a while, but usually only when it's been more than 4 hours since I last ate. My taste buds change from day to day it seems. Have a lot of different, good options to eat. If you don't like something, try it again in another couple of weeks.

I would also give your doctor a call. They may be able to give you a prescription for the nausea.

Water water water. Hon, sip that water...all day...every 5 mins or so you should be taking a sip of water. You can't consume enough to keep yourself hydrated any other way. One symptom of dehydration is nausea.

When I drink too much liquid at a time, I have nausea. I hate it. Takes about 5 or 10 minutes to go away. It could be that simple.

I agree you should say something to either your nutritionist or your surgeon.

Best to you.

Back