• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Having your entire household Covid positive

My mother had no reaction to the first 2 doses. She received her booster on Thursday and her arm was sore. She said it felt like she had worked the muscle too hard but that was it. My MIL tried to get her booster yesterday, but she is 2 days short of 6 months. :rolleyes:

I am lucky to have no health issues so I'm not eligible for the booster. I certainly hope that they change the guidelines if they determine we are actually losing antibodies. I was hoping it would be like tetanus, which you only need to update every 10 years but .. what can you do?

It's important to stay updated about federal reports about COVID. Seems like the facts change daily. I got my 2nd dose on March 17, but I'm 70+, so now I'm being advised to get a booster. I cannot tell you how much I DON'T want to do this, but knowing from stories I read here how devastating the disease is will scare me into my doctor's office.

The thing that worries me, though, is I had NO symptomatic response at all to the previous shots. I actually wondered if the vials had been faked by the supplier, filled with saline & no live virus.

I'm sure I'm worried for nothing but let me ask: did anyone else here have a symptomless reaction to the shots?

No symptoms, and am actually looking forward to getting a booster. Most I know have had no symptoms other than a sore arm.

A few days before we were going to take our trip back home to see family, both my oldest kids woke up w/ either body aches or a sore throat and both had headaches. My husband came home early that same day from work which he NEVER does. He immediately fell very ill, running fever, throwing up, list goes on. He tested positive 2 days later. Since we travel full time & live in a 300sq ft RV, I knew it was inevitable that we would get sick as well (we have 3 children). I originally got our oldest tested through Walgreens drive thru but was not aware we had to preform the test ourselves. It came back negative which I didn’t trust so I had our son and myself re tested by a nurse and both just came back positive this AM. Our 11 yr old daughter is struggling, I’m almost positive she is sick with it as well. Our baby is doing pretty well which I’m BEYOND thankful for. I’m 3.5 months post op now and all I can think about is staying hydrated at this point. I’ve managed to do well but my symptoms just started not long ago and I can only hope that I don’t end up as sick as my husband. Throwing up and not being able to hardly drink anything will get us in some SERIOUS trouble VERY quickly unlike the average person. I’m not sure if it’s the virus but my stomach has been struggling to like anything I’m eating or drinking past few days. I had to completely stop drinking protein shakes cause my stomach was fighting it but the plus side is that I’m able to go to the bathroom easier (if you know, you know). Any food I’m eating my stomach is making such a fuss about. I can no longer taste or smell so I’m barely eating anything anyway plus I’m losing any appetite I did have. I’m just basically drinking water all day at this point which is the best thing I can do for my body during this time. Thanks for letting me share, I hope everyone is having a better week than me lol.
Lesa Marie - We haven't heard from you since you posted about the family being sick. Hope all is well.

Back