• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Headache Heck (with 2 Ls)

Beckyd30

Would I be better off cutting all caffeine from my life and just have one huge headache? Or keep drinking one glass of Ice tea with a decaf bag and regular bag? I have a pounding headache right now and I know partly it's because my tummy is yelling at me for food (started liquid diet today).

Any suggestions????

I took it in stages during the first phase of losing weight to get a surgery date I went through a 3 lb bag of half cafe coffee and then went to full de cafe. I have been caffeine free ever since and jitter free. The reason for losing the caffeine is reduce the acid in the stomach, but I find the new calm in my life refreshing. Good luck, with your journey, headaches are a passing annoyance and over soon, you will be surprised how much better you will feel.

Last edited:
It took about two weeks for my caffeine withdrawal to subside then the Dr said do not stop cold turkey. Hmm do the half and half and try to tapper off. Just make sure you make it to the non-caffeine stage before surgery.

Good luck

Caffeine is dehydrating, so that's why they want you caffeine-free after surgery. My nurse told me if I drank any caffeinated beverages I couldn't count them as liquid towards 64 oz daily goal, and would probably have to subtract ounces from other sources from my daily goal.

I have got a cup of decaf only ice tea, and only took a few sips so far. Just focusing on trying to get my 64 oz of water and protein in first. I was wondering yesterday what I got myself into, but today it better.

Back