• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

heart pounds walking a few feet

Aim

when I get up to walk to the bathroom my heart pounds now. post op jan 22 a week ago. My body didnt do this before my sleeve. Any ideas? I been sipping sugarfree drink and nursed a protein drink for many hours for the first time. I can heart it literally pound in my ears. Im exhausted. thankyou to any pointers, advice, or ideas- -Amy

when I get up to walk to the bathroom my heart pounds now. post op jan 22 a week ago. My body didnt do this before my sleeve. Any ideas? I been sipping sugarfree drink and nursed a protein drink for many hours for the first time. I can heart it literally pound in my ears. Im exhausted. thankyou to any pointers, advice, or ideas- -Amy

They stopped my blood pressure meds after surgery. feb 1 is my follow up but I probabaly should call them in the morning and explain this

My blood pressure meds were stopped also, but during the two weeks before surgery, I felt really bad and told the Dr what was going on and he had me stop them and it made it all better

Good morning everyone
I am so glad I found this site, I am just one week out from Gastric Bypass and I think I did
so good before the surgery that I underestimated the "after surgery" process. One week out and I
can't sleep because of what feels like the worst acid reflux, even though with gastric bypass that can't be possible.
I can only sleep in a reclining position in a chair. Any ideas? I have followed the diet perfect, only adding pudding
yesterday which I am wondering if it started the "reflux"
Any ideas would be appreciated. I start back to work in 4 days and am worried that I won't be well enough to go.
When do the bowels get back to normal? Sorry I just have so many questions,
Thanks everyone,
Stacey

I had the sleeve done and never gad acid issues but was put on annanti acid script. were you? what does your dr office tell you to do?-Amy

Good morning everyone
I am so glad I found this site, I am just one week out from Gastric Bypass and I think I did
so good before the surgery that I underestimated the "after surgery" process. One week out and I
can't sleep because of what feels like the worst acid reflux, even though with gastric bypass that can't be possible.
I can only sleep in a reclining position in a chair. Any ideas? I have followed the diet perfect, only adding pudding
yesterday which I am wondering if it started the "reflux"
Any ideas would be appreciated. I start back to work in 4 days and am worried that I won't be well enough to go.
When do the bowels get back to normal? Sorry I just have so many questions,
Thanks everyone,
Stacey

I was like Aim, given a prescription for acid blockage for the first 2 months after surgery, but actually it caused me to have terrible air and feelings of reflux, and when I looked it up, it was a type of PCP that in some people can cause buildup instead and so I stopped taking it, two days later I was back to normal and haven't had issues since. I hope your not in the same boat, but you might check on it to make sure? As far as your bowels...they may be pretty irregular as you slowly graduate towards the soft foods and then solids. A way around it for me was to have at least a cheese stick or cottage cheese daily, to make sure they weren't too loose and a few apple slices or soft prunes to make sure things weren't too difficult either. Not sure you like those foods or options but anything that would be natural and not upset your stomach would work as you experiment with what you can and can not tolerate in the food world as you recover. Also, don't feel bad about underestimating the 'after surgery' process, I did that also! I was so very focused on my chest repair that the bypass and coping with it came secondary, until of course, my new belly started screaming for attention. :rolleyes: Gas is also such a problem the first few months after surgery, getting rid of it because they filled you up during surgery, and the naturally occurring as your body adjusts to the new you. I hope the pain subsides quickly for you and soon!

I am about 7 1/2 months out of surgery and can still at times hear and feel my heart either racing or on the surface enough to make me pause. It is so weird for me, as I could never hear it before the surgery. I've checked with my doc, as I didn't have blood pressure issues before surgery and nothing is wrong, I am just more sensitive to it now apparently? I think it is totally weird but it has helped me to know when I have eaten something that turns to sugar rapidly, so it has helped me navigate the food world a little. I hope it has gotten better for you?

Reactions: Aim
I am about 7 1/2 months out of surgery and can still at times hear and feel my heart either racing or on the surface enough to make me pause. It is so weird for me, as I could never hear it before the surgery. I've checked with my doc, as I didn't have blood pressure issues before surgery and nothing is wrong, I am just more sensitive to it now apparently? I think it is totally weird but it has helped me to know when I have eaten something that turns to sugar rapidly, so it has helped me navigate the food world a little. I hope it has gotten better for you?
It has gotten better. They also put my bloodpressure med back at a lower dose. I still get tired but not the pounding like before.

Back