• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Heartburn on prepping diet?

I haven’t had surgery yet, but if you are trying a lot of new foods or changing your diet your stomach might take a few days to adjust. I know for me, even when I would go on a diet and start eating less I would get heartburn easily. A dietician told me once that my body is used to producing acid for a larger amount of food and it needs time to adjust. If you aren’t used to the protein shakes (whey or soy) it may also cause a little tummy upset. Congratulations on getting started with the pre-op diet. When is your surgery?

It’s June 14th and I’m nervous but excited! I have several health issues that obesity contributes to. Do you have a surgery date? And thanks for answering my question
my surgery is tomorrow! And even though I'm having the sleeve, it isn't just for obesity but to help with risk of stroke and diabetes and pcos and all that jazz.
When I started the diet I had more liquidy burps (sorry that's gross) but not heartburn. I think our stomach just gets all out of whack. Good luck on your diet! The first 4-5 days are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard, but once you get past that, you're on a roll.

It’s June 14th and I’m nervous but excited! I have several health issues that obesity contributes to. Do you have a surgery date? And thanks for answering my question
I do not have a surgery date yet. I see my surgeon for the first time tomorrow. I am very excited. I have already seen the nutritionist. Tomorrow they will schedule my EGD, one more nutritionist appointment. Psych eval got pushed to 6/7

I do not have a surgery date yet. I see my surgeon for the first time tomorrow. I am very excited. I have already seen the nutritionist. Tomorrow they will schedule my EGD, one more nutritionist appointment. Psych eval got pushed to 6/7
I started my 2 week pre op diet today and one of my choices was soup. It gave me terrible heartburn. Anyone else? TIA and I’m excited about finding this group!
the gas may not be related to the soup, but it's hardly worth talkin about, since you're gonna be dealing with a brand new digestive system really soon.

Back