• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello all post op bypass

LillithaT

Well I thought I would say hello and also maybe give a little bit of background on myself. I am Jen and I am a single mom of two teenage girls. I had my surgery almost 2 years ago now. I have 2 cousins who also had bariatric surgery, one the sleeve and the other a bypass same as me. They are really my only support at the moment.

I had some major nasty complications with the surgery which requires an extended stay and nearly killed me. I have a big scar now but I am a fighter and im still glad I did it. I am down 100 lbs. And several of my co-morbidities are gone. I have other health issues as well but the surgery helped me in several ways.

My surgeon left the area and the whole program dissolved before I was post op for one year. I am hoping to find support and also lend my support as someone who has been through this process, had a rough time, and has been fairly successful.

Welcome, you knowledge will be very helpful. So I'm going to start with a question, has your weight fluctuated and how are the other two in your life doing with their weight loss, I had my surgery in December, so not yet a year out, and still trying to get down to my goal, and did you have your extra skin removed or is it shrinking

Hi Jen. Welcome to the group. So sorry to hear you had such terrible complications. Can't wait to get to know you. Like Tracy, I had my surgery December 2016. I'm down 117#. I've been very lucky and had no real complications. I take some medications that cause weight gain, part of the reason I needed the surgery. They are now hindering my weight loss, but I'm still slowly losing, so I won't complain. :)

Back