• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello everyone-I am alive

Christine Seese

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been dealing with some health issues unrelated to my weight, so my focus has been elsewhere. I hope to get back on track. I’m down 164#. My weigh in this morning had me at 198.8#. I haven’t seen the 100’s in over 24 years!!! I am so excited. My goal that I initially set for myself was 170, but at 5’9”, I am liking how I look and people are telling me I don’t need to lose anymore weight. I will keep seeing how the weight comes off and go from there. I look forward to being active on here again. I missed ya’ll.

Welcome back, Christine! Is that a new picture? You do look wonderful! You must be so proud of all the work you did to break that 200-lb mark. I'm so looking forward to going below the 200-lb mark if I get approved for surgery. I'm near the end of my 6-month pre-op program. My Psych interview is 3/26/18 and this is my last step until I have an appointment scheduled with a surgeon. I'm having some trouble now holding on to my 20-lb weight loss. I kind of stopped tracking what I eat everyday and I'm sure you know what happens then! Anyway, Christine, welcome back, we missed you! :)

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been dealing with some health issues unrelated to my weight, so my focus has been elsewhere. I hope to get back on track. I’m down 164#. My weigh in this morning had me at 198.8#. I haven’t seen the 100’s in over 24 years!!! I am so excited. My goal that I initially set for myself was 170, but at 5’9”, I am liking how I look and people are telling me I don’t need to lose anymore weight. I will keep seeing how the weight comes off and go from there. I look forward to being active on here again. I missed ya’ll.

You've been VERY missed! Welcome back, I'm so glad your journey is still rocking along, new pic is great, keep up the great work!

Welcome back, Christine! Is that a new picture? You do look wonderful! You must be so proud of all the work you did to break that 200-lb mark. I'm so looking forward to going below the 200-lb mark if I get approved for surgery. I'm near the end of my 6-month pre-op program. My Psych interview is 3/26/18 and this is my last step until I have an appointment scheduled with a surgeon. I'm having some trouble now holding on to my 20-lb weight loss. I kind of stopped tracking what I eat everyday and I'm sure you know what happens then! Anyway, Christine, welcome back, we missed you! :)
Thank you HoJo. That is a new to here picture. I appreciate your compliment. It was wonderful to get below 200. It was actually not something I expected at the moment, so I was a bit shocked at first. Congrats to you on being so close to the end of your pre op journey. Funny thing for me, but journaling makes me gain weight! I get weirdly focused on what I can’t eat and overeat. I hope you are able to maintain your weight loss. We don’t want anything to derail your surgery. Good luck with your psych evaluation!

Hey there. Seems like there's always something to struggle with but I'm grateful we are back to do so together. Maybe ease some of the stress associated with trying to reach goals and be well. Good to see you. Hope you stay feeling better.

Hey there. Seems like there's always something to struggle with but I'm grateful we are back to do so together. Maybe ease some of the stress associated with trying to reach goals and be well. Good to see you. Hope you stay feeling better.
Thank you Carolyn. I’ve had a great couple of weeks. I’ve lost 10 lbs, so I feel like I’m back on track.

Thank you Carolyn. I’ve had a great couple of weeks. I’ve lost 10 lbs, so I feel like I’m back on track.
Sounds good to me. I am going to let you inspire me. Which track? Just kidding. I can see it from here I just need to rethink a few bites. And see the GI. I feel it will go well but I might need a colonoscopy. Then I'd have to try and find more fiber or some such. Welp. I'm glad to know these couple of weeks were great for you. Makes me proud. You continue to do good, ya hear?

Sounds good to me. I am going to let you inspire me. Which track? Just kidding. I can see it from here I just need to rethink a few bites. And see the GI. I feel it will go well but I might need a colonoscopy. Then I'd have to try and find more fiber or some such. Welp. I'm glad to know these couple of weeks were great for you. Makes me proud. You continue to do good, ya hear?
Actually all it took was for me to finally bite the bullet and completely cut out sugar. Have you ever had a colonoscopy? I’ve had 7. They aren’t that bad and can be very informative. If you are having stomach issues, please see a gastro doc. It is so important.

Actually all it took was for me to finally bite the bullet and completely cut out sugar. Have you ever had a colonoscopy? I’ve had 7. They aren’t that bad and can be very informative. If you are having stomach issues, please see a gastro doc. It is so important.
Yes I had one in 2011. The gastroenterologist or GI doc I will see this coming Tuesday. She may order another one. The one I did have was all clear. I don't know that it is my stomach but I do know it's somewhere below the belt.

Yes I had one in 2011. The gastroenterologist or GI doc I will see this coming Tuesday. She may order another one. The one I did have was all clear. I don't know that it is my stomach but I do know it's somewhere below the belt.
I hope they figure out what is going on. I know that GI issues suck. I have Crohn’s Disease. It’s in remission now, thank goodness, but I have to take oodles of meds to keep it there.

I hope they figure out what is going on. I know that GI issues suck. I have Crohn’s Disease. It’s in remission now, thank goodness, but I have to take oodles of meds to keep it there.
Yes, I definitely thank goodness you are in remission. Let the meds always be worth taking. I get so tired of meds but I can't quit either. I look forward to the day I can come off at least one. I have never looked forward to a doctors appointment til I had this issue. I appreciate your well wishes.

Yes, I definitely thank goodness you are in remission. Let the meds always be worth taking. I get so tired of meds but I can't quit either. I look forward to the day I can come off at least one. I have never looked forward to a doctors appointment til I had this issue. I appreciate your well wishes.
Keep me informed of how it goes.

Keep me informed of how it goes.
Hi. I had the colonoscopy. The pictures look questionable but they didnt really tell me anything about them. I have a hearing so i wear an aid. They had me take it off for the procedure and when i woke up the doct was in but my aid was out of reach. I told him i could not hear and he walked out. Haven't seen him again. I will have to call the physician assistant to get whatever information i didnt get this past thurs. Im pretty much still struggling with the issue. Now I have to really look for high fiber and high protein that doesnt taste like cardboard. Tsk. I hope you are doing well Christine.

Hi. I had the colonoscopy. The pictures look questionable but they didnt really tell me anything about them. I have a hearing so i wear an aid. They had me take it off for the procedure and when i woke up the doct was in but my aid was out of reach. I told him i could not hear and he walked out. Haven't seen him again. I will have to call the physician assistant to get whatever information i didnt get this past thurs. Im pretty much still struggling with the issue. Now I have to really look for high fiber and high protein that doesnt taste like cardboard. Tsk. I hope you are doing well Christine.

So sorry to hear you were treated so badly. That’s not acceptable! I hope you are able to get the results quickly from the PA. I wish I could give you pointers on the fiber, but I can’t use it. It sets off my Crohn’s Disease.

Back