• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello Everyone! Looking for my VSG support system, would you be interested

Hey Ya’ll,
I am getting VSG surgery this Friday, very excited at the moment! Hoping to have no regrets!
I do not have any support outside of this group which is ok by me, this is something I’m treating myself to so that I can look and feel my best while raising my 4 children. They deserve the best of me, and I’m sick of hiding from pictures with them because I don’t like what I see in the picture. This Is the right decision for me :)

Hello and welcome! I had the bypass in June of 2020 and my husband just had the sleeve in Feb. It is rough going for the first bit but soon you will feel Amazing! We are always here to answer questions and give support. There is a LOT of info in past posts,so feel free to use the search tool if you need immediate info.

Last edited:
Hey Ya’ll,
I am getting VSG surgery this Friday, very excited at the moment! Hoping to have no regrets!
I do not have any support outside of this group which is ok by me, this is something I’m treating myself to so that I can look and feel my best while raising my 4 children. They deserve the best of me, and I’m sick of hiding from pictures with them because I don’t like what I see in the picture. This Is the right decision for me :)
Hope your surgery went well. Please share your recovery, vent if you need it, and welcome to the loser's bench!

I am also looking for support ☺️
I am new here and will be having my surgery on the 30th. I'm an extreme wreck ‍♀️I'm in fear of failing. I have had 4 major back surgeries and my activity level is extremely low. I'm hoping that the weight loss will help with this so I can be more active.

I am also looking for support ☺
I am new here and will be having my surgery on the 30th. I'm an extreme wreck ‍♀I'm in fear of failing. I have had 4 major back surgeries and my activity level is extremely low. I'm hoping that the weight loss will help with this so I can be more active.
Hello and welcome to your new life!
As a smidge of inspiration: I am inactive because I am lazy but I follow the plan almost to the T (I would honestly say 90% of the time, but always stay within my daily calorie allowance) and I am still loosing weight at amazing speed. (8-20 lbs a month). However please keep in mind that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! I only share this to give you hope that even while being inactive, if you follow your plan you will still loose weight. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit alone, the exercising brings other great health benefits.
Best wishes to you!

Hello and welcome to your new life!
As a smidge of inspiration: I am inactive because I am lazy but I follow the plan almost to the T (I would honestly say 90% of the time, but always stay within my daily calorie allowance) and I am still loosing weight at amazing speed. (8-20 lbs a month). However please keep in mind that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! I only share this to give you hope that even while being inactive, if you follow your plan you will still loose weight. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit alone, the exercising brings other great health benefits.
Best wishes to you!
Thank you so much! I sure hope to be as strong as you and be strict with the diet. I've been working on it since September 22nd and so far I'm down 13#. My biggest issue is getting enough to drink. I hate water lol and the flavored one are worse. I've completed taking myself off sweet tea and I use my protein shakes in my 1 cup of coffee I have every morning.

Thank you so much! I sure hope to be as strong as you and be strict with the diet. I've been working on it since September 22nd and so far I'm down 13#. My biggest issue is getting enough to drink. I hate water lol and the flavored one are worse. I've completed taking myself off sweet tea and I use my protein shakes in my 1 cup of coffee I have every morning.
I don't care for the flavor packets either, to me they are too strong of a taste. So, if I do use them I add more water or less flavor. But usually just diet tea or lemonade. But, I LOVE water. I have always been a huge water drinker so that isn't a problem for me.
No one follows their diets perfectly, if they say they do I truly believe they are lying to themselves. I don't mean that rudely but there is no such thing as perfection, we can only strive for perfection.
Just take it one step at a time, you got this!

I am also looking for support ☺
I am new here and will be having my surgery on the 30th. I'm an extreme wreck ‍♀I'm in fear of failing. I have had 4 major back surgeries and my activity level is extremely low. I'm hoping that the weight loss will help with this so I can be more active.
Don’t worry, YOUR STOMACH WILL BE GONE! You can’t fail I was not active either but surgery has made it so I don’t snack, my energy is high, weight loss is rapid especially the first month. You feel yourself shrinking!!! Just keep up with protein and 64 oz of water daily. I’m here for you!!!

Don’t worry, YOUR STOMACH WILL BE GONE! You can’t fail I was not active either but surgery has made it so I don’t snack, my energy is high, weight loss is rapid especially the first month. You feel yourself shrinking!!! Just keep up with protein and 64 oz of water daily. I’m here for you!!!
Aww! Thank you so much for the support! I am going to struggle with the water...I hate it! Lol

I don't care for the flavor packets either, to me they are too strong of a taste. So, if I do use them I add more water or less flavor. But usually just diet tea or lemonade. But, I LOVE water. I have always been a huge water drinker so that isn't a problem for me.
No one follows their diets perfectly, if they say they do I truly believe they are lying to themselves. I don't mean that rudely but there is no such thing as perfection, we can only strive for perfection.
Just take it one step at a time, you got this!
That’s so true!

Back