• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

hello from a new comer

jmoses7582

I had my gastric bypas surgery in March of this year so I am now on the stage of eatting anything......well at least within reason. For the most part things are going good but I do at times feel like my food is stuck in my throat after a couple bites. Kind of like when you swallow a pill and it gets stuck. I assume this is a normal thing? Any input is welcome.
Thank you :)

I had my gastric bypas surgery in March of this year so I am now on the stage of eatting anything......well at least within reason. For the most part things are going good but I do at times feel like my food is stuck in my throat after a couple bites. Kind of like when you swallow a pill and it gets stuck. I assume this is a normal thing? Any input is welcome.
Thank you :)
Yes it can be and it means you need to take much smaller bites and chew, chew, chew, until it's dissolves....that makes it easier on your new tummy and you as well. There may be times when you'll realize "wow" I ate too much and pray that it comes out since I'm in pain and I feel miserable! You learn, and you'll try to avoid having that happen. I'm six years out and as time goes on, I can eat more than the initial time, which I call the window of opportunity, but I still am not able to eat like I used to thankfully......Be aware and stay in track. After I ate, I would time myself and wait 1/2 hour before I would drink any liquids...this way my pouch would remain small. I hope this helps...be well.

Back