• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello! From Christiansburg, VA

Carolyn270

I am entirely new to this. I got my insurance approval and began the requirements for the roux y bypass, or maybe the sleeve. I was told the roux might be better because I have Gerd. So far I feel like it's gonna be the toughest time of my life, but well worth it. Any advice on the pre-op steps?

I am entirely new to this. I got my insurance approval and began the requirements for the roux y bypass, or maybe the sleeve. I was told the roux might be better because I have Gerd. So far I feel like it's gonna be the toughest time of my life, but well worth it. Any advice on the pre-op steps?
Keep your eye on the prize... A healthy new you... Either surgery is a good choice. The bypass is the gold standard, that the others are compared to and has been around since the 40'S I believe... Both have there benefits and draw backs depends on how you look at it... Do a little research on both and see what makes more sense... The surgeon usually has a reason for his/her opinion... each person is different...Stick to the pre op diet and it will make things easier..

Try some different kind of shakes before hand so you know what you like, I drank the premier shakes, premade ones, I really liked them, and still drink them for lunch, the 2 weeks before surgery were the hardest for me,but it got much better after that, you can do it

Back