• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello from Florida

RLCC

Hello everyone,
I have been reading this forum for weeks with great interest. This is such a great and supportive group. In 2008, I had a lapband placed and lost about 85 lbs. However, experienced severe dilation of the esophagus and have a removal the band and revision to an RNY. Hopefully, this time will be long term success. All the best to everyone as we travel through this journey.

Hello everyone,
I have been reading this forum for weeks with great interest. This is such a great and supportive group. In 2008, I had a lapband placed and lost about 85 lbs. However, experienced severe dilation of the esophagus and have a removal the band and revision to an RNY. Hopefully, this time will be long term success. All the best to everyone as we travel through this journey.
Welcome, Hope you all the best for your long term goal... I am going on 2 mths post op.. things are pretty good....

Th
Hello everyone,
Thinking positive thoughts for you, we are all here for you

Hello everyone,
Sorry you have had such complications, but hopefully things will get better from here. As you have seen, everyone here is wonderful. Look forward to getting to know you.

Thank you Christine. I agree, everyone is great on this site. Look forward to getting to know everyone too.

Hello everyone,
Hope all is going well. I to had the Lapband many years ago and had complications and 2 mths ago Had the RNY Gastric Bypass.... So far so good... I have had a stall but was able to get moving again. The hard part is boredom eating and Head hunger... I get bored now and go for sugar free popsicles instead of searching the cupboards... I am sure your going to do great this time around.

Thanks Keith. The band was very bad. I've not heard many people do well with it. So,far so good. I'm down 23 lbs in 18 days. I know everyone has faster and slower weeks for weight loss. Glad your moving again. I haven't had many urges but I also go for the sugar free popcicles, they are great. Good luck to you!!

Hello everyone,
The best to you as well...

Back