1. American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shawkl, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Shawkl

Shawkl New Member

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    Expect in October
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Just trying to work the site, but am looking forward to gaining some insights from those that have walked this path before.

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, so feel ready to go forward. Have 90 days of "doctor supervised" diet to get through before insurance company will cover the procedure. Also, will be screened pschologicly (sp) and sit through a nutritution seminar. Not over concerned about either (well, except for the drive to Birmingham for the seminar...yuck!)

So, about me...I'm retired (and happy about that); divorced 13 years now (very happy about that)! I love to embroider, quilt and cook (so you can see where my problem generated from). :)

I am also an author, just getting ready to launch my 3rd book about crazy quilting. Also, teach free online courses through my blog about crazy quilting. Belong to several online groups, all about quilting and crazy quilting...so if you recognize my board name...yep, it's me. Let me know you are here.

Thanks to the admin for monitoring and setting up this group...hugs!

Maggie C likes this.
  2. Christine Seese

Christine Seese Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Surgery Date:
    12/6/16
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Welcome to the group. Which surgery are you having? I had Bypass on 12/6/16. I am down 106.6#. Still have a ways to go, but very happy that I did this.

Tracy Lindenmuth and Keith Wells like this.
  3. Maggie C

Maggie C Member

Surgery Type:
    Gastric Sleeve
    Surgery Date:
    05/19/2017
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Welcome to the group!

4. Tracy Lindenmuth

Tracy Lindenmuth Bariatric Guru

Surgery Type:
    Bariatric bypass
    Surgery Date:
    December 22, 2016
    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Welcome, you are at the right place if you are looking for positive feedback, and everyone here has a different story on the same road, so most questions can be answered, and I know nothing about quilting, lol but I love quilts lol. Good luck on your journey