• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello. I am posting for the first time!

I am on my first day of the liquid diet portion of pre surgery. I am already sick of protein shakes and popsicles! Only 13 more days of this though and then it will be my surgery date! I am actually very excited about getting into surgery and getting on with my life!

Welcome to the forum. Protein shakes and popsicles will be your friends for awhile post surgery. It is all worth it. You sound like you have a great attitude. Keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing.

Tiffany, I hope that you were kidding when you said that you were already sick of something after only one day. As we all know, our way of old eating is to be changed forever. You have 150 lbs to lose....you can do it but you will need to have a go get it attitude. My surgery has not yet been scheduled. I am still going through some of my insurance required, hoop jumping, circus acts. So I am going to be checking in on the progress of this wonderful site of people that I happened to stumble upon. You, my dear, are going to be the one people that I am hoping to be inspired by. It is such a struggle, which is what has brought us all here in the first place. I want to wish for you the best of luck. You can and will do this. All else has failed you, diet wise, that is what has brought you to this point. xo

Hi Lacey! I do have a Go get it attitude, trust me! It has taken so long just to get to this point! I will live with my popsicles and shakes! Thank you so much for your support! You WILL get through the hoops of insurance before you know it! I will try my best to be a source of inspiration for you and anybody who is struggling! lol. Keep me updated on your progress!

Welcome to the board. The preop diet is tough, I had three weeks of protein shakes only, no regular food allowed. I thought it was going to be tough, but I never felt tempted, because my doctor said if I wasn't losing weight going into the surgery and under 375, there would be no surgery. Stay strong and you'll do fine. I use a picture of my 5 year old Grandson as a motivator, when ever I feel like straying from my path, I look at his picture and remember why I'm on this journey. Find your inspiration and use it to your advantage.

Frank

:cool:

You will be through them in no time. Just dont get discouraged. You are about to start a brand new WONDERFUL life.

Back