• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello, I'm new here

Have you spoken with your surgical team? They are usually best support for food options. Sounds like you are bored with your food choices. A good cookbook can make a difference.
Thanks for your concern. I'm open to suggestions...
I have tried numerous recipes from online, thru sources given by me dietitian and surgeon.
The problem with recipes is that my new pout seems to not want to tolerate many proteins. I have tried chicken, pork, beef and seafood. Seafood. I have even tried some vegan sources such as Chipotle. Wish ing of combined the problem is most recipes cost over $20 in one to two hours to make and then I can't tolerate them and simply have to throw it away. So it's a waste of time and money. Also, you see I can't eat things more than once because reheating them in the microwave. Making things where I can no longer tolerate them without feeling nauseous and having pain.

I had issues with proteins for nearly 9 months and my bariatric team gave me a lot of grief to bring my protein intake up. Protein 2.0 drinks helped a lot. Favorite flavors for me wild cherry, blue raspberry and dragonfruit. If the drink is too sweet dilute it with ice or some extra water. Getting the protein from drink gave me the ability to eat fruits and veggies some.

If you haven't tried this already, use a slow cooker/crock pot, or the slow cook version on the instant pot. I had a very hard time with meat if it wasn't slow cooked. I still have a hard time with more than about 2 ounces of grilled steak, 3 years out.

Another advantage of slow cooking is it usually freezes well. So you can reheat it next month instead of eating the same thing for a week straight. Most slow cooker recipes have a little sauce/gravy with them, which can help with digestion.

Do not get discouraged. It may seem like its been a long time, but you're really only a few months out. Eating does get easier.

I had issues with proteins for nearly 9 months and my bariatric team gave me a lot of grief to bring my protein intake up. Protein 2.0 drinks helped a lot. Favorite flavors for me wild cherry, blue raspberry and dragonfruit. If the drink is too sweet dilute it with ice or some extra water. Getting the protein from drink gave me the ability to eat fruits and veggies some.
What brand are you using?

Back