• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello, my name is Debra

Debra Hall

I had gastric bypass surgery in 2000. I started at 311 lbs, I now weigh 158. My lowest weight was 125. I gained 25 lbs after being hit by a car in 2015. Due to the damage to my body, I was unable to move for 8 months. 2 years later i am still trying to get the weight off that I gained. I can't walk very far or due many types of exercise. I do ride my recumbant bike. It does work with building up my lower body. I a m so glad I had the surgery. When I decide to have the surgery, at was at the brink of death. This was my second surgery, the first one was in 1990. I had my stomach stapled. It worked for about 2 1/2 year. After gaining the weight back and about 100 lbs more, I decided to get gastric bypass. Its the best decision I have every made.

Hi Debra. Welcome to the group. Thanks for sharing your story and hopefully we can help you get those pounds off. I had gastric bypass almost 10 months ago, but thanks to meds I am on, my weight loss has been slow. I am down 129# with 61 to go. I need to get these gone.

How incredible you are that you survived and that you put on 25 pounds I know it sounds like I am minimizing but the truth is if it had happened before surgery that number would have been quadrupled (at least in my case it would be) this in my meager opinion makes you nothing less than amazing!!!

Back