• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello, my name is Donna.

I have done all my requirements for the gastric bypass. I have been cleared from dietitians , physcologist, nutritionist, did my six month diet with family doctor.
My question is ,how long does it normally take Medicare to clear you for surgery. I have been waiting almpst three weeks and I got an email saying it would be soon. But, I am just curious.

Welcome to the group. Not sure the wait on that form of insurance. Hopefully soon and you get a date set! Sounds like your well on your way! Congrats!

I have done all my requirements for the gastric bypass. I have been cleared from dietitians , physcologist, nutritionist, did my six month diet with family doctor.
My question is ,how long does it normally take Medicare to clear you for surgery. I have been waiting almpst three weeks and I got an email saying it would be soon. But, I am just curious.
My sister had Medicare and one other secondary Medicare should come thru fine it took her about thirty days for approval.

Back