• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello New Here

Hello All my name is RustyAnn and I'm having surgery on June 10th... I'm excited for I have been on this journey since September of 2018. I would of had the surgery in February but because of my vitamin D was so low they had to start me on supplements right away before surgery. but now its normal range and ready to go. I'm getting nervous as the date gets closer is that normal? and my pcp and surgeon already took me off my metaformin for my type 2 diabetes. looking forard to getting to know you all and have support as well as giving support when needed.

Hello All my name is RustyAnn and I'm having surgery on June 10th... I'm excited for I have been on this journey since September of 2018. I would of had the surgery in February but because of my vitamin D was so low they had to start me on supplements right away before surgery. but now its normal range and ready to go. I'm getting nervous as the date gets closer is that normal? and my pcp and surgeon already took me off my metaformin for my type 2 diabetes. looking forard to getting to know you all and have support as well as giving support when needed.
Hi bby/Rusty- How exciting! What kind of surgery are you getting? Nerves are part of the deal. Read the posts here and you will see the anxiety that some people had. Just stay in touch. I'm certain you will have questions afterward. Just follow the doctor's orders!

WELCOME to the group Rusty. I am Heather. You will do good. Push that anxiety to the side. Remember why you are doing this and make sure that you remember the reasons you want this done. I believe you have the will power and strength inside of you to get over the anxiety I will be having the bypass on July 15th. I had to reschedule from may 6th because they caught something on my ekg. Now I got to go to the heart doctor. I can not wait to hear your story and see your progress. You have my support here.

Back