• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello, newbie here

GDroswell

Hello, I had mt GS surgery 3/13/20. So far Ive had no problems eating soft foods and have had no digestion issues. Though, I think planning what to take to work for lunches and taking 25-30 minutes to eat a meal when i get to that point may be a challenge for me.

Hello, I had mt GS surgery 3/13/20. So far Ive had no problems eating soft foods and have had no digestion issues. Though, I think planning what to take to work for lunches and taking 25-30 minutes to eat a meal when i get to that point may be a challenge for me.
Hi, welcome and congratulations on your surgery. I'm glad to hear that you've had no complications to deal with.

I'm not someone who can take time to eat lunch at work either so I've come to rely on protein shakes for my lunch. Putting in an insulated cup with ice, I can sip it and it stays cold. I'm sure others will have suggestions for you too.

Congratulations on your surgery! I am in the same situation as you. My surgery was Jan 28 (RYGB) but I am trying to get accustomed now to how to deal with it when I am at the office. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else has to say.

Thank you all for your replies, you give good ideas. I myself see myself drinking the shakes as a lunch. It's better than trying to hurry through a solid food. Thank you mmitti, for your idea as well. I had a hard time with the canned on both the chicken and tuna before my surgery, (when I was trying to lose on my own) Now, when I think about eating them, I cringe. Maybe my taste buds have changed since then, I suppose it will be worth a try.;)

Back