• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello there.

Ronnie

I am new here, I started my process in February 2023. Don't know when my surgery will be and like many here, I have become anxious with the waiting and many requirements. I am down to psych evaluation and photos. Did anyone have to write a "term paper"? I finished but it wasn't easy, I am 70 yrs old and my school days are well behind me. In the beginning, I was so overwhelmed by all the requirements that I didn't think I was going to make it, in the other hand, I believe I know all that is to know about bariatric surgeries.
That is, for now, I will post again when I get a date for my surgery (mini bypass).

Welcome to this site! I am just about 5 months out from my surgery. This website has been so helpful for me and I'm sure you will find it helpful too. I did not have to write a "term paper" but I did have several appointments including with dieticians and the psych eval. The waiting is all worthwhile. I hope you will find the same once you have the surgery.

Welcome to this site! I am just about 5 months out from my surgery. This website has been so helpful for me and I'm sure you will find it helpful too. I did not have to write a "term paper" but I did have several appointments including with dieticians and the psych eval. The waiting is all worthwhile. I hope you will find the same once you have the surgery.
Thanks, I know it with be worth it but I wish I had a glimpse of the future.

Pick a person and read through some of their old posts. Lots of us have shared pics and our entire journeys. What better glimpse of the future could there be? We've been where you are and you will get where we are. The process is surprisingly similar, with a few individual twists thrown in for fun.

Back