• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello.

Olivia Angelina

Hi I am new to this group. I had surgery a month ago. So many things changing. Just need to chat with someone who understands. I have one surgical wound that is still draining. My MD is aware, but it concerns me. Fatigue is an issue too. It was inded the right choice.

Ugh, a drain, I was lucky enough not to have one of them, but the fatigue is something I can relate to, I think everyone is tired for a while after surgery, it will get better, your body has been through alot, and you need to give it a rest, good luck

I'm so sorry you've had complications. As for the fatigue, I can completely relate. I was so tired the first 6 weeks, I could barely move. Exercise was out of the question. I finally had some adjustments in my meds made and I gradually got to feeling better. If this goes on too long, you might have your doc reevaluate your meds.

Congrats on your surgery! I had the same nearly two weeks after you!:) I totally understand the exhaustion! I returned to work 3 weeks afterwards and it has been a hard thing to deal with. :eek: I have never slept so much in my life! I hope your complications have resolved or are close to doing so. :( Best wishes on your journey!

Back