• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help! I can't feel my stomach

I'm 3 months post op Duodinal Switch with Roux En Y. I'm in a similar boat at Lisa Marie when I start feeling full. I'm 6'7 so my surgeon left me with a larger pouch. I think it depends on what you eat. That said seafood goes down easy for me and sits well. Initially I could only eat 3 Jumbo shrimp then up to 7. I've eaten a lobster tail, 3 raw oysters and a couple shrimp, little bit of corn in a setting while other meals I can handle only a few bites of beef or chicken. To me beef and chicken are like trying to eat a small tennis ball. Swallowing and setting in the stomach just isn't as comfortable. That may change in the future I'm told. The key for me is unhooking the brain on eating "A meal" to eating to what you feel your body "needs" at the moment. I think of when I was busy and active (and Younger) and needed something to eat but was one the run and just grab something to get by on the fly until later. Fix that portion of your key protein and eat that. If you need a little something later, hit a protein drink, piece of fruit with the same thought of grabbing on the fly. This helps me with preparing to much food (for later), avoiding spoilage and keeps a variety of meal choices to keep food interesting.
Thank you for the helpful advice. Not fixating on a "meal" make a whole lot of sense.

Back