• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help, so many things taste bad now!

ReneeRenee01

I am new to this site. I had my surgery 11/28/2016. My starting weight was 245, today it's 204. I don't like a lot of the recommended foods for protein. It looks like I'll be eating chicken, fish ground turkey. Anyone have any ideas?

I am new to this site. I had my surgery 11/28/2016. My starting weight was 245, today it's 204. I don't like a lot of the recommended foods for protein. It looks like I'll be eating chicken, fish ground turkey. Anyone have any ideas?
Gen Pro Medical grade Protein powder. Get the tasteless one and can mix it with everything, I use crystal lite and other things no taste change, even in water theres no taste difference. Does make water a little cloudy but tasteless. Amazon has ok prices, GNC is higher but if you have one close and need it pay the difference it not alot... Check it out... Good luck

Gen Pro Medical grade Protein powder. Get the tasteless one and can mix it with everything, I use crystal lite and other things no taste change, even in water theres no taste difference. Does make water a little cloudy but tasteless. Amazon has ok prices, GNC is higher but if you have one close and need it pay the difference it not alot... Check it out... Good luck
Thanks Keith

Do you like yogurt? Light and Fit has 12g of protein. Also beans of any sort.

I do like and eat beans. I'm not a big fan of yogurt, but I have been eating it. I'm lactose intolerant, so sometimes complications come along with that.
I understand the issues that come up with eating yogurt if you have stomach issues. Since surgery, I can no longer absorb fat, including dairy fat. I have to use skim milk and can only eat yogurt a few times before I have to take a break. If I come up with any other protein items, I will let you know.

Bean and chic pea salad is a good one, add a little onion and vinegar and you will get your protein in. Also tuna fish is good as well. There's also veggies that contain protein such as broccoli. Yogurt has protein, but watch the sugar. I kept my sugar as low as 5 to 6 grams in the beginning to accelerate the weight loss. Hard boiled eggs have protein, or scrambled. Isopure protein drinks help with getting your daily protein requirement.

I drink protein shakes, eat yogurt, scrambled eggs, tuna. I can now have chicken, ground beef, ground turkey. I haven't eaten any yet tho. Doing good so far, tho

Back