• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

help with menu before surgery

cst

I have to come up with a daily journal on what I am eating. Not sure how many carbs I am allowed at each meal. I know I have to have at least 60 to 80 grams of protien. can someone help me?

I was on a high protein diet before I went into surgery. I weighed all my food. I cut out carbs and dairy and I lost 20 lbs. I could only have 1/2 c. of starches and fruits with no sugar added unless it was stevia. Peas and corn are considered a starch. I could eat all the vegetables I wanted. I drank hot cocoa that had 15 grams of protein for my breakfast. I would have 2 eggs as they are 7 grams a pc. I would make egg salad with low fat 1 T. of mayo and eat that for lunch. I had turkey lunch meat sometimes also no more then 4 oz. Then for supper I would have a lean meat of 4 oz. with vegetables with fruit. I would have a protein smoothie that had 15 grams of protein for a snack or some other snack that had 15 grams of protein later in the day. I had some soy snacks also but they weren't that great but they helped. I just know that getting 15 grams of protein with each meal is key.They told me to keep the sweet snacks down to no more than 4 the rest in the salty category. So with the 2 snacks that came out the required protein needed. Hope that helps you some!

cst-the meal plans I was given is very vague on the amount of carbs we can have. I think they do this to deter us from eating them. You should ask your nutritionist but don't be surprised is you don't get a straight answer. I don't think small amounts of carbs will hurt anything but be careful not to overdue it. Too many carbs will cause dumping syndrome.

Back