• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help

Kate R

First let me say hello! I had my gastric sleeve on July 22, 2019. I was the perfect patient, followed everything to the letter and lost the weight I so truly neded to and wanted to loose with about ten lbs to go to my goal weight. I was only able to eat small amount of food at meals, but I realized I could "graze" all I wanted to. Well to make a long story short, I have "grazed" myself up 28 lbs. I am even ashamed to admit this, but I know I need to be honest with myself and others to make this weight loss journey a positive outcome for my health and well being. I have decided to join this group in hopes of finding my way back with all your help. I know anything worth while is never easy. The holidays do not make it easy either. So, I Rlooking for help and guidance. Kate R

Hello and welcome.
This does happen but you can fix it.
Maybe make an appointment with your Dietician? I know being in person accountable really keeps me motivated.
But, maybe they could also provide some guidance and pointers. It wouldn't hurt to try.
We are rooting for you!

Stop grazing and start having structured meals every 2-3 hours. By structured I mean protein first with non-starchy vegetables or low carb fruits like berries. If you are technically already eating every 2-3 hours then change up what you are eating and follow those guidelines. Tracking your food might help as well. It’s amazing how many calories you can consume in a day. Also maybe try measuring your food out. That will help with tracking too

Back to basics. Track every bite before you eat it. Measure out your food, put it on a plate and then eat a serving size. No more.

I had my bypass in June of 2020. Maintenance is freaking hard. You're actually hungry again and you can eat. Add in you're not actually losing weight and it is a mental as well as physical struggle.

I got used to eating every few hours, since I could only eat small amounts. That habit stuck with me but I can eat larger amounts now. I am also less likely to grab an ounce of turkey breast, and even if I do ,my serving size guesstimate gets wonky if I don't weigh it out at least one week a month.

28lbs is doable. You can do this. You just have to put in the work. Good luck.

Back