• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kph

Why can I eat anything I want to after my rny? My surgery was on 02/07/2011 and I can eat anything I want regardless of sugar or fat content. I feel like I never had the surgery. I also feel like I've failed somehow.

KPH-Welcome to the forum. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have lost 118 pounds so far-congrats!!!! Your surgery was almost a year ago so maybe you have lost your sensitivity to sugar and fat. Some people here are doing a 5 day pouch test to help get them back on track. Try a word search on this site to find out more information about it if you are interested. You should call your bariatric nutritionist to discuss your meal plan to help get yourself back on track. Make sure to come back to visit the forum to let us know how you are doing.

I spoke with my Dr.'s nurse who said it is a problem with some people. She said that I am being too hard on myself because the very fact that I called in with the problem means I am very commited to my program. She said I have done a great job changing my behaviors. (exorcising everyday ect.) She also said my BMI was 32 at my last visit 6 months ago and that she believes that if I go down to the recommended BMI I will appear emaciated. (I am 5'2" tall.)
I would like to check into the 5 day pouch test but am confused about how to find out about it. Please help.

KPH-I tried to send you a private message regarding the 5 day pouch test but you have your private messaging blocked. There is a member on this forum named feastorfamine (Patti) who started the pouch test on Monday. Try sending her (feastorfamine) a private message or email and ask her to give you information about it. I believe she will give you a website where you can look up the information you need. I'm sure Patti will be happy to help you once you ask her about it.

I'm confused about what the nurse said with you being too hard on yourself just because you called and asked a question. Unless you have reached a healthy weight your bariatric support team should be happy you called and should also be providing you with nutrition advice for as long as you need it. If you are unable to get the support you need from them then you need to find another bariatric nutritionist.

I must not have explained her answer correctly. My team are all great and they are always happy to hear from me with questions or whatever. She meant I wasn't recognizing the progress that I have already made. I was concerned that I wasn't losing my weight quickly enough and that my exorcise program was wrong. She said I need to be proud of the positive changes that I have already made and recognize that I made those changes and am doing very well.
I think I said it right this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back