• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi all- my story so far

toesmasher

So I had my surgery on June 25, 2013. I had always been a little big, until my back went bad and I took the steroid shots in my back. Had 2 shots and went from about 245 to 350 lbs in about 2 months and was sick as a dog. I never took another shot. Recently a Dr told me that he thinks that I had a reaction to the shots. The doctors also put me on Neurontin for nerve pain. Which helped with the pain but I slept all the time. Messed around with several diets over the years with no success. Watched a show a couple of times on Discovery Health Channel before it became the OWN. It was about a Dr who ran a weight loss clinic don't recall where though. So I mulled that over for awhile. Finally I started to develop diabetes and I knew it was time to do something so researched it again and decided to go forward with it. Had the Sleeve procedure done at the Pittsburgh VA. Never had really very much pain afterwards, was able to move around fairly easily. The Dr also fixed a Hernia while he was in there. Have a positive attitude and good support so I should do fairly well in my travel. I am currently in the pureed stage, found out why babies spit out some of the food they eat....some of its nasty. Upward and onward I go. :eek:

Toes,

I see you out and about on the site, I was just wondering how your journey is going. And if your back is any better because of the weight loss. Like to hear from you, stay strong.

Dennis

Back