• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi everybody I am new here

Deb H

Hi I am just starting out on my journey. I was wondering if anyone had any advice ? I am a little anxious about the road ahead. :)

Hi I am just starting out on my journey. I was wondering if anyone had any advice ? I am a little anxious about the road ahead. :)
I am three months post-op. It was the best decision I made. One thing that helped me was what the Dr Now. From the My 600 lb life said: the surgery does only one thing it makes your stomach smaller, so you eat less but if you chose to eat all day long and high calorie and fat foods you can still gain weight. It took me about three months of preparation before my surgery and we still have to do the work and make the right choices. What it did for me was I am no longer hungry at the end of the day! And no longer take diabetic medicine and have lost about 50 lbs sense surgery. And lost 70 lbs before for a total loss of 120 lbs.

Welcome Deb! :) Congrats on your decision! I would encourage you to hold on to a positive outlook during this process. Without a doubt, it is a process! Confirm that you have a solid support system going into the surgery as there may be times before/during/after you need a bit of help. There are definite ups and downs and times when you doubt your decision and times when you think everything will be okay...but with solid support you will make it through and come out on top :) Best of luck on your journey!

You got this, if I can do it then you can do, it is the best thing I have done for myself, I still have a long way to go, still learning and have alot of support from my husband and my new friends on this site, best of luck

Back