• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi Everyone, I'm Jan. My first time posting this way.

JanB

I'm almost a month out and I'm dealing with depression , more so these last few days. Is anyone having this problem? I would like to hear from you if you are.

I bn dealing w/depression for a while and mostly because of this weight. My lap-band goes in tomorrow. So looking forward to it.

I'm almost a month out and I'm dealing with depression , more so these last few days. Is anyone having this problem? I would like to hear from you if you are.

Sorry about your depression. Having read other posts on this forum, some people say that losing weight changes your hormones which can lead to depression in some people. Have you called your surgeon? He probably could help you.

Cheyenne

Gigi50 good luck on your lapband surgery I hope all goes well. Will keep you in my prayers.

TillieS

Hi Jan,
This is my first time on this sight too. My surgery hasn't been set yet, but I have all my tests done
so my journey has started. Love to keep in touch,as we go on this raod. Take care, Johnni

Great Gigi, you will be pleased over all. Just takes a little getting used to. Today is one month for me and I have lost 30 lbs. !!!

Thanks Johnni, I'd like to stay in touch. Sorry it took so long to reply-my cable was messed up. I finally managed to get it fixed tonight. Today is my one month out; date and I've lost 30 lbs. !! It's worth a few adjustments !
Good luck on your process. Keep me posted !

Hi, it's Jan. Feeling much better today..I am one month out today and I've lost 30 lbs. !
Very happy about that !

Hi Jan,
This is my first time on this sight too. My surgery hasn't been set yet, but I have all my tests done
so my journey has started. Love to keep in touch,as we go on this raod. Take care, Johnni

WELCOME TO THIS FORUM JOHNNI!!! :) CONGRATULATIONS on starting your weight loss journey! You will find some very nice people here who will be happy to share information about the road to successful weight loss surgery. Good Luck!!!

Cheyenne

There are hormonal changes with the surgery. Some do suffer with depression. Maybe you could contact your surgeon's office and meet with the psychologist who did your pre-op clearance. Keep in mind you are mourning the loss of food. Hoping soon you will feel the joy of starting a new life's journey.

Hi Johnni, sorry I haven't been on sooner but my computer has been up and down. How are things going for you?
JanB

How frustrating for you ! The weather has been terrible. Spring is around the corner, we just have to be a little more patient. LOL

thanks the 1st few days after were bad. I had so much gas n feeling blahhh. but now its bn a week n I feel a lot better. no more gas n feeling bloated but i am so sick of protein shakes and jello that i get nauseous at the sight of it.

Back