• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi Everyone, I'm Jan. My first time posting this way.

Doing Good !!

Hi Johhni, I just sent you another email but then I saw this one from you ! I look for my "mail" and never see anything! Still learning the ropes ! LOL I am a little confused when you mentioned it took 5 months-did you mean to get through the program and on to surgery? I've been in a plateau on the scale but my clothes are getting looser. Always a good thing ! So, how are you doing? Hope all is well. Keep in touch. I will try my best to find your email !!!! Jan :cool:

Hi johnni,
this is my first time too. i've only had seminar. will see surgeon may 2. I have such hope for a happy healthy future. take care and God bless. Joyce

Hi Jan, haven't been on line for a long time. Yes its been 5 months, well 7 now but they have given me a surgery date , July 15 .Its been so long, I was really starting to think it was never going to happen.
Hows everyting going with you,is it still the hardest year of your life? Everybody says the surgery is the easy part, sometimes I get worried I might not be woman enough to do this . Then other times I know this is the best thing to ever happen to me .
Well look at me , sounds like i'm having a nice little pity party. Lol . Its been a long long day, i hate when I try to get everything done in one day,hair cut, groc. Shopping, Dr.appointment, and meeting, and our weather has decied to warm up, all the way up to 90* so watering and yard workare into high gear. Oh my this wholething sounds like one sad story, Really I 'm just tired I'll take myself to a shower and bed ,I'll feel much better in themorning. Take care and let me know how you are doing.
Johnni

hi gal, I'sorry its been so long , hope this finds you , things are finily starting to move for me , I'll have my surgery July15 th, so I'm moving into the 6 weeks prep.
Have you had your surgery ? And how was it, tellme all. Please!!and how are you doing losing lots? Getting healthy looking good? Hope this finds you Take Care, Johnni

Heh johnni, how are you ? I'm excited for you! You are in the home stretch ! Sometimes I think the waiting before hand is the hardest part of it all. I am four and a half months out and I feel fine!! Better than ever! I can move better and am more comfortable in my smaller size clothes. I have lost 50 lbs. so far! Woo-Hoo ! In the beginning it can be time consuming and you wonder if your whole life will be about measuring and planning food and liquids! But, time moves fast and then you start to get into a more normal eating pattern. It's worth it ! I would do it again-in a hearbeat! I haven't had any complications and life is good. I had some depression on and off but that gets better too. Hang in there-can't wait to here all about how you are doing. Glad to hear from you....keep in touch. :)

still trying

I'm almost a month out and I'm dealing with depression , more so these last few days. Is anyone having this problem? I would like to hear from you if you are.

Hi Jan: I had my surgery a month ago I am doing well now but I was very depress for the first three weeks I know it can be very
lonely and sad in times. The things that work for me is taking a walk and get into a gym even for half hour daily and now I found this online support group that. keep me sane keep come on here everyday it will get better it did fo me.

Back