• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi Everyone

Welcome, Cherylann. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard time through the pandemic. This is a great group to be in. My standard advice is always go back to th he basics. Weigh and measure your food and track all your intake.

What was your pre-order diet? Mine was 3 protein shakes and one sugar free popsicle or Jello for 2 weeks. I don't think I could willingly do it again lol

Welcome, Cherylann. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard time through the pandemic. This is a great group to be in. My standard advice is always go back to th he basics. Weigh and measure your food and track all your intake.

What was your pre-order diet? Mine was 3 protein shakes and one sugar free popsicle or Jello for 2 weeks. I don't think I could willingly do it again lol

It was not fault but my own that's what I get for watching cooking show when I was bored lol. I'm back on track now & have lost 10lbs. so far.

My pre-op diet was strict (my surgeon is adamant on following his plan or he won't do surgery on you). It was either 1 month or 2 weeks that was strictly a clear liquired diet (no real food) to shrink the liver & bring sugar numbers down. It was 3 high protein shakes per day, with any kind of brother (chicken, beef, etc.), sugar-free jello cups, sugar-free popcycles, water, tea & that was it. His other requirement was that you had to lose 25lbs. before surgery. It was up to him whether you did 1 month or 2 weeks before you surgery date to do this clear liquids diet. It was not easy but I did it. The first 3 days were the hardest yuck. So know I'm working carbs out of my eating plan starting over the weekend & slowly working to the clear liquired eating plan this week. I can't go "cold turkey" because I will just give in to the cravings & binge until I get sick which I know is a big "no no".

Back