• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi, form Mayberry! Any tips on surviving during the holidays?

I am a patient at Southeast Bariatrics in Charlotte, NC, although I live about two hours north of there. I have learned so much. I don't have a schedule date yet due to pending insurance, but hopefully, before the year is up. Any of you have to deal with the holidays and a recent bariatric surgery? If so do you have any tips? Also any tips on the pre and post op liquid diets?

I also go to Southeast Bariatrics in Charlotte. Im about an hour away I think I west of there My surgery date is Nov 26th . Today is the first day of my pre-op liquid diet. it hasnt been too bad they say the third day is the worst if you get passed there you can make it. Lets stay in touch and compare notes. Sandra. P. S. I know the holidays will be tough but we gotta do it.

Hi Tammy, Welcome. All you can do is your best to get through the holidays. Some tips are to drink plenty of water during the day and don't starve your self before the holiday dinner, make sure to have breakfast and lunch so you wont be tempted to over indulge/ The pre op diet varies from surgeon to sergeon and the post op diet will also vary depending on surgery type and the segeons directions. Let us know how you are progressing with the insurance, they are all different in their requirements also. :cool: Tom

Hi Ascooke, Your almost there, you are doing great with the pre op diet your down 30 lbs, that should help a lot with surgery and recovery, you will make it through the Thanksgiving day foodfest and if all is well Chrismas should be a breeze. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Tammy-The Thanksgiving holiday is one of the perfect times to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Lot's of lean protein in turkey and most people also serve veggies, cheese and a relish tray. Just stay away from the stuffing, potatoes and sweets :)

ascooke-You'll do well on your pre-op diet. It may get difficult in the beginning but when you jump on the scale after a few days it will make things easier when you see the shift in your weight. If you find yourself really struggling give your nutritionist a call. He / she will be able to help you out by making suggestions and will probably give you a couple more options than what you have already been given.

Back