• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

hi FRIENDS I finally got my surgery date9-19-12 waited almost 9 months so happy now!

thanks to everyone of you who've continued to cheer me on and encourage me, I called surgeon's office today and my process started in jan,2012 and I now get my hernia surgery and bariatric surgery same day 9-19-12 I am having open surgery due to the size of my hernia. but oh SO HAPPY NOW TO BE ABLE TO SAY I HAVE MY DATE, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
THIS IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS CHRISTMAS AS A KID, MY NEW BEGINNING WITH THE W/L TOOL IS 9 WEEKS AWAY.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, I WILL CONTINUE TO COME HERE DAILY AND SHARE AND TALK WITH EVERYONE LIKED I'VE DONE SINCE I JOINED.
DONNA (BIGTALLSIS)

Hey Donna - aka Big Sis,

Oh what a relief it must be - now your life is not so much on hold & you can begin to plan for the event. Looks like good news for both of us today!! Mine was 6-6, yours is 9-9; ironic perhaps since I also had a large hiatal hernia repaid w/my roux-en-y. If you're going in you might as well get it all fixed up.

Just think how much better you're going to feel this Christmas compared to last year; heck even Halloween & Thanksgiving. It is amazing how much better things begin to seem & feel w/some time.

Congratulations Donna, That is fantastic news:D, you must be so excited. I am so happy to hear that the wait and antisipation is over. Kepp us up to date on how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Donna,
I am so happy for you. I know you will do great. Struggles will come and go but we will always be here for you just like everyone is here for me. So in about 9 weeks your life will be changed forever.

hi desert girl
how are you feeling today?? yes I am so excited about my good news, so thanful for this site everyone has been great since the first day I found this site. I just saw how much weight you've already lost that is so great...............
Hope this finds you doing well, I'm still on cloud 9 today, I had baked a cherry pie for my mom, and when I got up and made coffee I saw it and just shook my head no, & reminded myself that I have chosen to give up those things because that is what has caused so much pain and agony in my life......SUGAR, but I am happy to say my blood sugar level was at 80 this morning, been a long time since I got a "normal" reading. eating healthier is already paying off, I looked in my closet at jean 's I could wear 3 years ago when I had lost 80 pounds and now I can say "I'll wear them again and be able to buy smaller sizes, and get some that aren't so dated,lol mother of 3 so mom's style doesn't change as much as kids do or as often, but that's ok with me, just want to be healthier and happy with myself and it's happening. I thank GOD for these miracles I feel I have received.
one bite at a time and one step at a time.
have a great day
donna

ascooke63
thanks I am still happy today knowing my day is really comming. you're doing good on loosing weight, congratulations, working on loosing here too before surgery many a pound to go, but with God's help I will succeed before and after the surgery, I have to remind myself daily... how bad do I want this surgery, and I must adhere to changes now in order to be a success later and to keep the pounds off this time and no going back to old life style and foods.
hope you are having a good day,
Donna

HI TWOMAS TOM
thanks you've always been so supportive of everyone and offered good advice, yes I am still excited this morning knowing it's really gonna happen, by having the "date" I now have more motive to continue on and not give up for I'm on the road to success and so thankful for friends like yourself and others who've continued to encourage >

keep yourself hydrated in this intense heat, I know you work putting out massive fires, don't know how you do it, It was in the 100's here all last week and so humid, I don't know how you and so many other fire-fighters do it with all that heavy clothing and equipment to haul around. but thankful for each of you for you make the world a better place for all .
donna

good morning "robergnm"
hi how are you doing today?? yes I am so excited just thinking about the"new me" that is gonna appear by the up comming holidays. I told my family yesterday, I turn 56 in oct, I said just think I'll be able to wear jeans again in oct,(hopefully) due to the size of my hernia's zippers hurt my stomach and it's hard like a basketball and looks like one so jeans haven't beeen an option for over a year and a half, I will be cut from breastbone down due to open barartric surgery and the hernia's fixed , but once I heal can't wait to try on clothes again. I plan to give away every pair of elastic waist shorts, pants,lol
my hernia's are from below the belly button down, this will be mythird hernia surgery, during the first one dr. removed my belly button or covered it up, looks weird. maybe dr. can't make me a new one to go with my new look that will be birthed thanks to weight loss surgery.
thanks for being so understanding,and you've done GREAT with your weight loss since JUNE, I 'm serious now I have to get myself in gear and get more pounds off before my surgery. dr told me the more I can get off the better I'll do after surgery because he said once he puts my intestines back in place the fat in stomach would push up against my diaphram etc. I don't want a "trec" or breathing machince, I know all will be fine, cause GOD will be with me through it all, HE"s never left me , I just got off the path.
hope you have a good happy healthy day with sunshine and smiles,
thanks for encouraging words you've given to me.
Donna

Congratulations! Finally getting a surgery date suddenly makes everything seem real. Before I got my date I had this fear that something would interfere and I wouldn't be able to move forward. Once I had that date set, I felt a huge relief. September will be here before we know it. I'm so happy for you. Hopefully between now and then you can relax, since you don't have the stress of wondering when/if it will happen, and time will just fly by. Good luck and congrats again. :)

Donna, I am so happy for you!! I know how anxious you have been waiting for this day and now it's finally going to happen!!! Keep your head up.....your "Christmas" will be here before you know it:cool:

Congratulations, Donna that is good news, and I know how you feel because I remember when I got my letter in the mail from my insurance company It was like winning the lottery, so I know the feeling. Keep that positive attitude and you will be just fine.

Hey Donna,

I just wanted to let you know that we're all praying and sending you positive vibes for tomorrow and the coming days.
Do what you can, be extra gentle with yourself, pray, meditate or whatever takes you to your happy place.
I thought about the Footprints in the Sand before my surgery & it brought me comfort knowing I would never be alone.
When I was unable to walk by myself I knew the Lord would be there to carry me.

Let us know how you're doing when you're ready. Best wishes for the best of all possible outcomes.

hi JennyWill

how's everything with you???I see your surgery date is just around the corner, are they making you do any kind of special diet pre-op? Just thinking about the surgery causes all kinds of feelings, excitement, am I doing the right thing, thinking too much about foods I know I will have to give up forever , in exchange for a healthier and happier me.
Do you know anyone whose had the surgery done, others than all our friends on here? I know people at my church who've had it done and kept the weight off 5 years later. It's amazing the difference it makes in a person's life,hope everything is working out well for you.
Donna

Congrats! I just got my date for surgery and I am scheduled on Sept. 19th also. We will be surgery siblings!!! Also can't wait... Excited, & as you said 9 weeks until this great w/l tool is with us. Please keep me up on how you are doing.

Congratulations Newagewriter. I know you are feeling all sorts of emotions right now. Please continue to visit the forum to ask for advice, to advise others or just to vent.

Back