• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi, from Montana

SaraDawn

Hi, My name is Sara, and I am very new to this. I had surgery 17 days ago,and I'm still learning. I'm healing fine, except for a very sharp pain just under my ribs on the left side of the front of my stomach. I am going to call the doc tomorrow, because this pain is getting in the way of excercise and everything. Other than that, I feel that I am on the right track. I live in Great Falls, MT, and I have a husband and 2 kids, aged 4 and 7. I opted for the surgery, because I had to have a hiatal hernia repaired again anyways, and decided thatI was ready to be healthier for myself and my kids. Anyways, Hi from Montana!!!:D

Hi Sara, I'm new to this website as I needed support as my surgery is over a year old and I felt a support website would help me through the "hump." My friend had her surgery prior to mine and had a hernia repaired. She exhibited the same pain; took pain killers, ended up with constipation and more pain. She finally was told to slow it down as the lap band was the easy part of the surgery, the hernia was a little more invasive. I hope you feel better and achieve your goal - you are on the way!

Geri

Back