• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi I’m new

I’ve want to be apart of a real support group. Am I at the right place. preop diet now. gastric bypass sometime in October.
Hey Nan, welcome to the group. You are now part of a very accepting, non-judgmental support group. Please feel free to ask, vent, share, etc. We will do our best to guide you thru the ups & downs of your upcoming journey. Best of luck!

P.S. I also had gastric bypass in July 2021. I'm down 70lbs, 30 more to go. Slow but steady now is my lifestyle lol.

Yes it truly is .. and staying busy is key . I will say that with my own personal experience my Surgeon didn’t have me on a liquid diet before hand .. there are alot of things I found others having to complete that I didn’t even down to taking our supplements after when you get home which I still have started but doesn’t make much sense to me seeing how I feel my body needs all the extra help it can get . Do have a follow up with my primary care doctor today and I plan to speak with him about it . I hope all turns out great for you

Hello and welcome. I had the bypass in June of 2020. My favorite thing about this site is the mix of pre and post-op ranges. We have those who have only had 1 appt all the way to those 15+ years out.

Mrs, I was not given supplements until I was on soft foods. I do find it odd that they DoD not mention you will need to take them for the rest of your life. We just had a patient stop by here a few months ago, listing all the health issues she ended up with when she stopped taking vitamins, like 5 years out, if I remember correctly. So, please do discuss with your team!!

Back