• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi I'm new here just need to talk three years out

TammyJean-Welcome to the forum. Since I just had my RNY on 2/27/12 I really can't speak on your issue. On general terms though plateaus happen. I have already had 2 but just stuck to my recommended meal plan knowing that the plateau will end. There are a few people in this forum who will surely respond to your inquiry. It might help them a little to know a few more specifics if you are comfortable sharing them. Things like how much weight you have lost or regained and the timeframe this happened and perhaps when you had your surgery.

Make sure to come back to the forum to let us know how you are doing.

Hi and welcome, I am a newbie too! Everyone here is very nicew and there's mucho info to comb through from other members!

Jessica

hey everyone just need to talk 3 years out feeling at a stand still

Hi Tammy Jean, Welcome to the forum. I am 2 years out and kinda stuck 195/200 since Thanksgiving, it is frustrating, I hope once summer comes I can get out more. What kind of surger did you have? I had the RnY. Do you still have dumping syndrome when you eat certain foods, I have a few I can't eat pasta, white bread and real surgary foods send me running for the bathroom:eek: Do you have an excersice plan sometimes we can start putting it off until tomarrow, that's haw half my winter went, I started a regular rutein agan in late feburary. Let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

hi TammyJean61
WELCOME,

I haven't had my surgery yet, but there are alot of wonderful people here whom have.has your surgery been successful so far? I've read where others have went through the same thing, I think our bodies get use to what we're eating and some have said they did 5 day pouch test, which I am not sure if that means just liquids to re-start metabolism or what it entails. Please come back and share your thoughts there is always someone out there who can be of help.

Back