• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hi. my name is Kathy

Kathy patterson

I had surgery going on four years I lost 175and I'm slowly putting back on. I getting back into bad habit and I don't know where to start first

Hi Kathy! WELCOME To The FORUM!!!

I would suggest to go back to basics. Start with a couple days going on a clear liquid diet, then a couple days going on protein shakes. When you start back on foods, pick foods and amounts that you originally lost weight with. I like to eat salads with chicken breast in it. Also for a meal, a chunk of chicken breast (50 calories), stewed tomatoes (20 calories) green beans (20 calories) a nutritious meal for under 100 calories. Look up the calories of foods you like and pick foods that are heathy but low carbohydrate, low calorie. When I first lost my weight, I never ate with the rest of my family, I ate alone in my room so I could take my time, eating slowly and chewing well.

You can do this! Remember to eat food to live, don't live to eat. Change your routine if you snack a lot. Take up reading, get a pet, take sewing lessons etc.

You have lost a great amount of weight, ok so you have gained some back but don't let that depress you. Start today and know that you have a whole lot less weight to lose than you first lost, you can get a handle on this!!!

Good Luck!!!

Cheyenne

Back